The Equity Center represents more than 670 school districts and the interests of over 4 million public school students in Texas.
- For the 2011-12 school year, the Equity Center represented over 2/3 of school districts statewide.
- The Equity Center is represented by members in each of the 20 education service center regions, including rural, urban, fast-growth, small and mid-sized districts, from Texarkana to El Paso, Amarillo to Harlingen.
- Since its inception in 1982, the Equity Center has been directly involved in all Texas school finance litigation, providing critical data, technical assistance and expert testimony.
- Over 300 legislators and legislative staff have attended our School Finance 101 classes since 2003.
- Equity Center staff give more than 30 school finance presentations annually at Regional Education Service Centers, conferences and universities across the state.
- The Equity Center’s latest tool, the interactive School District Funding Footprint, provides a user-friendly graphic representation of funding for all 1,024 school districts in Texas.